Poppy’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
½ Teaspoon baking soda
½ Teaspoon salt
1 ½ sticks butter, softened/melted, but not hot
1 Cup, packed brown sugar
½ Cup white sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 Egg Yolk
2 Cups (or can use a little less) Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350-375 degrees F (165 C), grease cookie sheet with Crisco or coconut oil. (adjust heat for your oven)
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and set aside
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended, don’t over mix it. Stir in chocolate chips by hand with wooden spoon or bamboo spatula.
- I like to use small ice cream scooper to place dough on the greased cookie sheet, light press the dough balls down a little bit.
- Bake until the edges look a little bit golden, if you bake too long until the entire cookie top is golden, they probably won’t be crunchy outside and chewy inside, so, I usually take them out when they still look slightly not quite done all the way. It usually takes about 9 to 10 minutes to bake, but some ovens may go up to 15 minutes or more.